Memory leak / Kernel Panic using snd_uaudio (USB Sound Card)

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Sat Mar 31 11:15:53 UTC 2007

On Saturday 31 March 2007 13:01, Hofmann, Laurent wrote:

> Thanks.
> I did what you told me, but when I compile the kernel, it crashes compiling
> umass.c (Don't know how it is related ?)

Just do a SVN update and try again. By a mistake I removed a patch for FreeBSD
6.2.

By the way, if someone needs uaudio driver files for FreeBSD 7-current, then
feel free to contact me, hence they made some changes to the FreeBSD
7-current sound API.

> When I did "make install" it merged a lot of things in my /usr/src/sys, not
> only audio... Is that normal ?

Yes, that is normal. The new USB stack contains rewritten USB drivers of all
kinds.