Memory leak / Kernel Panic using snd_uaudio (USB Sound Card)

Hofmann, Laurent laurent at kally.net
Fri Mar 30 22:30:57 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have a strange problem with my USB Sound Card. I found some records using
Google, but they are all old and never answered.

I'm using the kernel module snd_uaudio to use an USB Sound Card (kldload
uaudio) on Freebsd 6.2-RELEASE. Usb Sound Card is a Hercule Muse Pocket LT.

When playing audio (using PulseAudio), after around 2 hours, I get a kernel
panic followed by a system reboot :

"19:33:14 dolphin kernel: usb0: isoc TD alloc failed"

And/Or

"Mar 30 17:56:58 dolphin kernel: panic: kmem_malloc(12288): kmem_map too
small: 42278912 total allocated".

I can reproduce it as needed.

How can we try to deal with this problem and find out what is wrong ?

Thanks for your help,

Best Regards,

Laurent H.