kern/92083: [ural] [panic] panic using WPA on ural NIC in 6.2-RELEASE

Jonathan Fosburgh jonathan at fosburgh.org
Sun Mar 11 01:00:19 UTC 2007

The following reply was made to PR kern/92083; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jonathan Fosburgh <jonathan at fosburgh.org>
To: Anders Nordby <anders at freebsd.org>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org,
 Sam Leffler <sam at errno.com>
Subject: Re: kern/92083: [ural] [panic] panic using WPA on ural NIC in 6.2-RELEASE
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 18:54:51 -0600

 On Sunday 11 February 2007 13:36:39 Anders Nordby wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > Just been trying the same thing in 6.2-RELEASE, with the same hardware.
 >
 > It seems the same bug still occurs, the stack trace looks very similar.
 > Everytime I try do do a cvsup of the ports tree, the system panics.
 >
 > stream#        uname -a
 > FreeBSD stream.localnet 6.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE #0: Tue Feb  6
 > 22:09:01 CET 2007     root at stream.localnet:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/STREAM
 > i386

 Check out usb/107642.  That PR was created for what appears to be the same
 hardware you originally reported in this PR.  Could it be we actually need
 the if_rum driver instead of ural?

 Does your link light work on your NIC?  It does not work on mine in the
 FreeBSD driver (ural) but it does under Linux.  Granted, maybe this driver
 does not light the link light, but I have no other ralink adapters with which
 to compare.