For Review/Testing: uhidev(4) USB driver level for devices with multiple report ids

Cesar Kuroiwa cesar.kuroiwa at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 22:35:48 UTC 2007

> You definitely need the uhidev-6-stable-p1.diff patch and if it is a
> Microsoft
> set it is very very likely you will need both, if the mouse behaves
> weirdly with
> both (doing things like trying to scroll up or down whenever you click a
> button)
> then I need to add your device ID to the second patch - I think you have
> to look
> for 'product=' in the output from the following command to get the device
> ID:
>
> devinfo -v | grep uhidev
>
> this will then get added to usbdevs and a quirk for the device gets added
> in
> usb_quirks.c

Hi, I'm happy to say that I've great progress thanks to those patches. My
mouse is finally working!
The movement is ok and the clicking is fairly good.
The issue now, like you said, is this little scrolling when I click the left
button. Also, it seems like holding the button down has no effect at all,
since I can't drag any window.

Below is the output of my uhidev devinfo:

              uhidev0 pnpinfo vendor=0x045e product=0x009d devclass=0x00
devsubclass=0x00 release=0x0041 sernum="" intclass=0x03 intsubclass=0x01 at
port=0 interface=0
              uhidev1 pnpinfo vendor=0x045e product=0x009d devclass=0x00
devsubclass=0x00 release=0x0041 sernum="" intclass=0x03 intsubclass=0x00 at
port=0 interface=1

Once again, thanx a lot for the help