Panic on post-freeze current with ucom

R.Mahmatkhanov cvs-src at yandex.ru
Wed Jun 20 06:39:55 UTC 2007

Good Day.

I just move to latest -current/i386 after the code freeze. And i catch
100% reproduceble panic condition. It happens when i plug my mobile
phone to USB port. How it does:

ucom0: <CURITEL Incorporated CURITEL HX-550C USB Modem, class 2/0, rev
1.10/0.00, addr 2> on uhub1
Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode cpuid = 0; apic id = 00
fault virtual address = 0x4
fault code = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer = 0x20: 0xc06ca396
stack pointer = 0x28: 0xdd30a760
frame pointer = 0x28: 0xdd30a760
code segment = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type = 0x1b, DPL 0, pres 1,
             = def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags = interrupt enabled, resume; IOPL = 0
current process = 28 (usb1)
[thread pid 28 tid 100023]
Stopped at usb_get_interface_descruptor+0x6: movl 0x4(%eax), %eax
db>

If i boot without ACPI, then i get this rigth after phone pluging:

interrupt storm detected on irq10; throttling interrupt source

If i unplug the phone and plug it again while this message prints, i get
 Fatal trap 12, that described above. I have this in vmstat -i when
"interrupt storm" message is prints:

interrupt		total 		rate
irq0: cll		123985		991
irq1: atkbd0		115		0
irq8: rtc		15933		127
irq10: pcm0 bfe0+*	94876		759
irq11: cbb0 uhci1+	13		0
irq14: ata0		981		7
Total			235903		1887

Please advice what i can do to fix this. Thanks in advance for answer.