usb/114682: USB media-card reader unusable

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed Jul 18 18:50:09 UTC 2007

The following reply was made to PR usb/114682; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "M. Warner Losh" <imp at bsdimp.com>
To: mi+mlp at aldan.algebra.com
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: usb/114682: USB media-card reader unusable
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:44:11 -0600 (MDT)

 In message: <00f601c7c94e$1b0baad0$ee67050a at AD.MLP.COM>
             "Mikhail" <mi+mlp at aldan.algebra.com> writes:
 : > First, have you tried -current?  A boatload of quirks have gone
 : > into the tree.
 :
 : No, I have not. It is not even released yet (much less debugged) and I can
 : not convert my only computer to it :(

 Can you test-boot a cdrom?

 : > Next, have you tried to different quirks available for this device?
 :
 : Mmm, no... How would I do that?

 To me it has always been a bit of a black art.  There's multiple
 places to do the quirks.  Let's start with a 'umass' quirk and go from
 there.

 Hmmm, I'm going to have to write something up here...

 Warner