Hello and need help porting a usb driver...

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed Jul 18 18:47:37 UTC 2007

In message: <200707181137.23485.r.neese at gmail.com>
            Richard Neese <r.neese at gmail.com> writes:
: On Wednesday 18 July 2007 11:09:59 am Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
: > On Wednesday 18 July 2007 19:08, Richard Neese wrote:
: > > I am trying to port a driver from openbsd to freebsd . The zyd driver aka
: > > ZyDas usb wifi driver I have the c and header file and I got it in
: > > to /sys/config  and the driver is in /sys/dev/usb and I added it to the
: > > KERNEL file but it cant find 3 files when running make depend.
: > >
: > > bpfilter.h  sys/timeout.h  sys/device.h
: > >
: > > Please point me to how to either fix this or what I should do...
: >
: > Last time I checked if_zyd.c only data reception was supported. I really
: > recommend that you use "if_ural.c" or "if_rum.c".
: >
: > --HPS
:
: Well the unit I have is a ZD1211 and needs the zyd driver
: I have not been able to get it to work with the ural driver

I think that Hans is suggesting using ural as a guide-post for the
porting changes necessary.

Warner