kern/107665: [usb] [patch] uscanner support for epson stylus DX5050 MFP

Steinar Hamre steinarh at pvv.ntnu.no
Wed Jan 31 23:10:24 UTC 2007

The following reply was made to PR kern/107665; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Steinar Hamre <steinarh at pvv.ntnu.no>
To: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at Leidinger.net>
Cc: freebsd-usb at freebsd.org, bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/107665: [usb] [patch] uscanner support for epson stylus DX5050 MFP
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 00:09:20 +0100

 On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 08:38:52PM +0100, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
 > Quoting Steinar Hamre <steinarh at pvv.ntnu.no> (Wed, 10 Jan 2007 00:50:24 GMT):
 >
 > >  I have reworked the uscanner module so that it can use the device
 > >  simultaniously with the ulpt and umass modules.
 >
 > This panics my system at boot time probing. I think my scanner is not
 > the first interface of the device.

 uscanner has never supported attaching to other than the first
 interface on the device. This is hardcoded in USB_ATTACH(uscanner)
 and is not changed by my patch.

 Do you have a plain scanner or a multi function device?
 (What is the product number or output of  usbdevs -av?)
 Did the device work without my patch?

 If your scanner previosly worked, the only reason I can think of is
 that your scanner needs  usbd_set_config_no. If this is widespread
 for pure scanner devices, I may rework the patch to be able to attach
 to both devices and interfaces and use usbd_set_config_no if it did
 grab the entire device.  The concept of set_config_no breaks all multi
 function devices.

 	Steinar