usb/106462: Motorola U6 PEBL not recognized by system via USB [patch attached]

Sun Jan 28 16:40:21 UTC 2007

The following reply was made to PR usb/106462; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at Leidinger.net>
To: Maxim Azarov<maxim at azarov.com>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: usb/106462: Motorola U6 PEBL not recognized by system via USB
 [patch attached]
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:33:43 +0100

 Quoting Maxim Azarov<maxim at azarov.com> (Thu, 7 Dec 2006 22:08:31 GMT):

 > Motorola U6 PEBL phone is not recognized by system. I made a
 > little patch that adds it as a device and enaples charge and
 > other USB functions of this phone (including data transfer,
 > GPRS and so on).

 I have a MOTOKRZR and it has the same device ID as your U6 PEBL. I
 don't need a quirk to enable the battery charging (tested with
 ugen and the ucom driver). With the ucom driver I get:
 ---snip---
 ucom0: <Motorola Inc. Motorola Phone (K1), class 2/0, rev 1.10/0.01, addr 5> on uhub1
 ucom0: Motorola Inc. Motorola Phone (K1), rev 1.10/0.01, addr 5, iclass 2/2
 ucom0: data interface 1, has CM over data, has no break
 ucom0: status change notification available
 ---snip---

 How did you test the functionality and how did you noticed a change
 in behavior with/without the quirk?

 Note: your patch contains the same quirk at two locations in the same
 file.

 Bye,
 Alexander.

 --
 If a man is not a liberal at 25, he has no heart.
 If he's not a conservative by 45, he has no brain.