usb/107642: [patch]Ralink Technology RT2501USB/RT2601USB chipset driver

Lars Engels Lars.Engels at 0x20.net
Thu Jan 25 17:10:21 UTC 2007

The following reply was made to PR usb/107642; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Lars Engels <Lars.Engels at 0x20.net>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, valera at chikalov.dp.ua
Subject: Re: usb/107642: [patch]Ralink Technology RT2501USB/RT2601USB
 chipset driver
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 17:39:05 +0100

 Hello Valery,

 the patch you attached seems to be broken. It omits the last line in
 if_rum.c and if_rumvar.c.
 I added both missing lines and it compiled without any problems, I can
 load the kmod and have a rum0 device.
 However it does not work for me. I am repeatedly getting this kernel
 message:
 rum: timeout waiting for BBP
 and:
 send_packet: network is down

 Could it be, that i need to load the firmware first?

 Another thing is that I am getting a kernel panic when I insert the
 WLAN Stick (D-Link DWL-G122 C1).

 Can you reproduce any of these errors?

 Lars Engels