Huawei E220 3G devices

Volker volker at vwsoft.com
Fri Jan 19 14:52:18 UTC 2007

Jes,

sorry for the huge delay in respone... apologies

On 12/18/06 17:00, Jes wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I have not such 'usbctl'... What is 'usbctl'? only 'usbdevs' and usbhidctl... and this, usbhidctl, is not very useful I guess... so... I put /var/log/messages and 'usbdevs'. Note that I haven't 'usbmass' in my kernel; it's compiled as a module and not loaded. Then the huawei modem cannot be interpreted as a mass-storage devices.... can it?

usbctl is part of a package called usbutil.

You may download a package from the website of Bernd Walter:
http://www.cosmo-project.de/~bernd/usbutil.tgz

However, I don't why such a great tool isn't part of the ports tree
(obsd + nbsd do have it in the tree).

usbctl shows the interfaces and endpoints of a usb device. You may
find a sample output of usbctl at
http://bsd.vwsoft.com/3g/merlin_u740.html

I would like to see the same output for the Huawei devices. I guess
they have different interfaces and the first driver attaching to
_and_ interface wins the whole device as the driver might return
with UMATCH_DEVCLASS*, UMATCH_VENDOR* or similar.

Greetings,

Volker