usb/107701: usbd ignores "detach"

Atom Smasher atom at smasher.org
Tue Jan 9 23:40:19 UTC 2007

The following reply was made to PR usb/107701; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Atom Smasher <atom at smasher.org>
To: "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs at flat.berklix.net>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org, bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: usb/107701: usbd ignores "detach"
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 18:04:47 -0500 (EST)

 On Tue, 9 Jan 2007, Julian H. Stacey wrote:

 > Did you try taking out devname from your entries, to quote a comment I
 > added to my personal usbd.conf some time back:
 >
 > #       - devname entries are mostly unused, as only reported on attach,
 > #         not detach, so detach fails to be called if devname is specified.
 ==================

 i removed devname from one of the entries and restarted usbd. the detach
 event is still silently ignored.

 here's the relevant section of my usbd.conf. note that it assumes that
 "device speaker" is enabled in the kernel:

 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

 device "CF card"
  	devname "umass[0-9]+"
  	attach "echo 'T90 L16 DA' > /dev/speaker"
  	detach "echo 'T90 L16 AD' > /dev/speaker"

 it should play two ascending tones when i insert a flash drive, and two
 descending tones when i remove the flash drive. it only plays tones on
 insertion.

 --
          ...atom

   http://atom.smasher.org/
   762A 3B98 A3C3 96C9 C6B7 582A B88D 52E4 D9F5 7808