usb/107701: usbd ignores "detach"

Julian H. Stacey jhs at flat.berklix.net
Tue Jan 9 13:50:15 UTC 2007

The following reply was made to PR usb/107701; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs at flat.berklix.net>
To: atom <atom at smasher.org>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: usb/107701: usbd ignores "detach"
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 14:15:49 +0100

 atom wrote:

 > >Number:         107701
 > >Category:       usb
 > >Synopsis:       usbd ignores "detach"
 > >Confidential:   no
 > >Severity:       non-critical
 > usbd seems to silently ignore "detach" events.
 >

 > >How-To-Repeat:
 > Specify a "detach" event in /etc/usbd.conf and see that it does nothing when the device is detached. "usbd -dvvv" verifies "device-detach event".
 >
 > I've tried this with a few different detach commands.
 >
 > >Fix:

 Did you try taking out devname from your entries, to quote a comment
 I added to my personal usbd.conf some time back:

 #       - devname entries are mostly unused, as only reported on attach,
 #         not detach, so detach fails to be called if devname is specified.

 --
 Julian Stacey.  BSD Unix C Net Consultancy, Munich/Muenchen  http://berklix.com
 Mail Ascii, not HTML.		Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz.