Wireless Modem

Saad Ali cyborg_sa at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 1 08:19:36 PST 2007

I have a CDMA connection with a Huawei wireless ETS2551 phone set that connects to my PC using a TUSB3410 cable (UART to USB). It gets detected as "TUSB3410 Boot Device" under the device node ugen0 which is a generic device node. My question is that how can I use this modem builtin to the phone set in FreeBSD. I was advised to recompile the kernel but I cant find my device name under the FreeBSd 6.1 hardware list.