kern/107665: [usb] [patch] uscanner support for epson stylus DX5050 MFP

Thu Feb 1 07:33:42 UTC 2007

Quoting Steinar Hamre <steinarh at pvv.ntnu.no> (from Thu, 1 Feb 2007
00:09:20 +0100):

> On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 08:38:52PM +0100, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>> Quoting Steinar Hamre <steinarh at pvv.ntnu.no> (Wed, 10 Jan 2007
>> 00:50:24 GMT):
>>
>> >  I have reworked the uscanner module so that it can use the device
>> >  simultaniously with the ulpt and umass modules.
>>
>> This panics my system at boot time probing. I think my scanner is not
>> the first interface of the device.
>
> uscanner has never supported attaching to other than the first
> interface on the device. This is hardcoded in USB_ATTACH(uscanner)
> and is not changed by my patch.
>
> Do you have a plain scanner or a multi function device?

It's a multi function device (scan-print-fax).

> (What is the product number or output of  usbdevs -av?)

Vendor: BROTHER (see usbdevs)
Product: 0x0100

> Did the device work without my patch?

I never tried, I don't have a driver for this scanner (Brother has
binary only drivers for sane on linux only).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
She's learned to say things with her eyes
that others waste time putting into words.