Huawei E220 USB modem

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Sat Dec 15 14:58:33 PST 2007

On Sat, Dec 15, 2007 at 02:07:59PM +0100, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> > I admit that this is not the worlds best option, because it gives
> > this in the kernel:
>
> Did you add your latest patch to the PR system ?

Not yet, I was trying to find a way to do it cleaner, but twenty
reboots (why can't I remove ucom even when I loaded ubsa myself?)
and seven kernel panics later (I don't know what happens if I get
a panic while the system is doing a fsck on a dirty filesystem so
I don't try) I decided to go to bed and to try it again on this
glorious sunday where I got woken up at 07:15 by a little boy who
exclaimed "Papa, I have made a mess!" which is an indicator that
the glorious sunday is starting way too early and in not in the way
you had hoped for it.

Besides, there is no way to stop it if the approach in the patch
doesn't work and the interrupt is still not found, in that case it
will keep going on forever and forever.

Edwin
--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org