usb/117938: [Patch] Adding support for MS WL Natural and MS WL Optical (1008) mice

enrico at vicampus.com enrico at vicampus.com
Fri Dec 14 15:10:03 PST 2007

The following reply was made to PR usb/117938; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "enrico at vicampus.com" <enrico at vicampus.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, ntarmos at ceid.upatras.gr
Subject: Re: usb/117938: [Patch] Adding support for MS WL Natural and MS WL Optical (1008) mice
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:11:35 -0500

 Hi,

 I just tried FreeBSD 7 Beta 4 with a Microsoft Habu Mouse (USB)=2E
 Unfortunately this mouse is detected as keyboard "ukbd", with and without
 the patch from the PR=2E=20
 The complete message is:
 "uhid0: <Tempest Habu Mouse, class 0/0, rev 1=2E10/21=2E00, addr 2> on uhu=
 b1
 ukbd0 <Tempest Habu Mouse, class 0/0, rev 1=2E10/21=2E00, addr 2> on uhub1=

 kbd2 at ukbd0"

 When the patch is applied, the mouse will blink several times when booting=
 =2E
 Without the patch the mouse is powered on once at the beginning of the boo=
 process and will then be shutdown very fast=2E

 I dont know what to do now, the mouse does not work with X=3F If you want =
 me
 to test something or send you more messages, feel free to contact me :-)

 Best regards,
 Enrico