usbutils ported 11th Dec ...

Henrik Brix Andersen brix at FreeBSD.org
Wed Dec 12 10:00:54 PST 2007

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 09:14:37AM +0900, Wilkinson, Alex wrote:
> I plug in a USB stick:
>
>  umass0: <M-SysT5 Dell Memory Key, class 0/0, rev 2.00/2.00, addr 2> on uhub3
>  da1 at umass-sim0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
>  da1: <M-SysT5 Dell Memory Key 5.04> Removable Direct Access SCSI-0 device
>  da1: 40.000MB/s transfers
>
> And lsusb(1) outputs SFA:
>
> #sudo lsusb -v
> #

Since lsusb uses libusb under FreeBSD, it is only able to dump device
descriptors of ugen(4) devices:

$ lsusb
Bus /dev/usb0 Device /dev/ugen2: ID 1781:083f Multiple Vendors
Bus /dev/usb2 Device /dev/ugen1: ID 04b4:0bad Cypress Semiconductor Corp.
Bus /dev/usb3 Device /dev/ugen0: ID 0483:2016 SGS Thomson Microelectronics Fingerprint Reader

I have just been made aware, that there is a problem with running
'lsusb -t' under FreeBSD, which I am currently looking into. Please
keep in mind, that this is a very new port to FreeBSD, so minor
differences in functionality between Linux and FreeBSD may still
occur.

> And weirdly, my shell (tcsh) jumps 6 prompts down e.g.

Odd - can you please trace as to what application outputs those extra
linebreaks?

Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen <brix at FreeBSD.org>