FreeBSD USB Host Stack porting help

Scott Rainwater SRainwater at fwmurphy.com
Thu Aug 2 19:01:30 UTC 2007

Dear FreeBSD USB developers,
I am working on a project requiring a USB Host stack which will run on an ARM9 using uC/OS-II (an embedded real time OS.)  I have found several commercial USB host solutions that would work but would like to explore the possibility of using the USB stack from FreeBSD.
I have downloaded all of the required source files from dev/usb/ and all of their #includes but I am at a loss as to where to start in porting them for use on our platform.  I will admit that part of my confusion is likely due to the fact that I am not familiar with the FreeBSD operating system.
How tightly is the USB stack integrated into BSD?  Is there any documentation available that covers the structure of the USB stack that would be useful in porting it to another platform?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
As much as I would like to make this work, if you think that this is a hopeless task feel free to tell me.

Thanks,
    Scott
_____________________________________
Scott Rainwater
FW Murphy
Software Development Intern.
Office
(918) 317-4351
Email
srainwater at fwmurphy.com

“This message and any attachments may contain FW Murphy information
that is highly confidential, privileged, and exempt from
disclosure.  Any recipient other than the intended recipient is
advised that dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of
this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately, plus delete
the message and any backups.”