ehci.c : uncommited patch fixes DRAC5 problems

Maxime Henrion mux at FreeBSD.org
Thu Sep 21 03:10:21 PDT 2006

Ian Dowse wrote:
> In message <20060919174541.7afc5f47.wmoran at collaborativefusion.com>, Bill Moran
>  writes:
> >
> >http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/usb/ehci.c?rev=1.42&content-
> >type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
> >
> >I'm one of those people who've been having trouble with Dell's
> >DRAC5 keyboards not working in 6.1.  Grabbing the above
> >version of ehci.c fixes the problem (except that I had to
> >comment out line 766)
> >
> >The commit note suggests that this should have been MFCed back
> >in April.  Can we get this MFCed before 6.2 comes out?
>
> I can MFC revisions 1.42 and 1.43 if re@ agrees (cc'd). It's a
> fairly self-contained change, and I don't think there were any
> reports of this breaking things things in -current as far as I can
> remember.

Fair enough.  I think this should go in, so consider this approved,
unless other re@ members voice in and are opposed to this.

However, I think we should be extra careful with this once since
it's a rather central and important piece of code for many people,
and as far as I can tell, this patch has the side-effect of trusting
the hardware more than before.  We've had a rather bad history of
trusting hardware :-).

Cheers,
Maxime