umass0: BBB reset failed, TIMEOUT (again)

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Wed Sep 20 02:18:18 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 20 September 2006 03:11, Juergen Lock wrote:
> Today for the first time since this box got a new board I tried to
> copy data onto the usb cardreader, and after copying for a while it
> suddenly stopped (led stopped flashing, no further io), and after
> some time i had the above in dmesg.  And that was it, cp process
> hung, no way to kill it.  Unplugged the thing, and got the expected
> panic: vinvalbuf: dirty bufs.  Tried the same thing from linux (after
> dosfsck), and there copying stopped for a while too, but it then
> continued and finished.  Is this is some kind of new hardware quirk of
> the new board's ehci controller, that linux recovers from?  (via,
> there already is a `dropped interrupt' fix for it, which helped with
> my last board...)  I also tried building a RELENG_6 kernel (one
> of the PRs I looked at also suggested this), but it behaved the same.
> Just in case, I took a dump of that too, but I don't really know for
> what to look in there so you'd have to tell me...

Could you have tried my new USB driver and see if the problem is the same?

#
# First get all the sources
# (you need /usr/ports/devel/subversion installed)
#

svn --username anonsvn --password anonsvn \
      checkout svn://svn.turbocat.net/i4b

#
# The following commands will
# install the driver on FreeBSD:
#

cd i4b/trunk/i4b/FreeBSD.usb
make S=../src package
make install

#
# Then build a new kernel (with modules).
#

When the device hangs, turn on USB debugging:

sysctl hw.usb.umass.debug=-1