Problems with Mitsumi 7-in-1 USB Card Reader/Floppy combo

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Tue Sep 5 18:40:13 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 13:28, Indigo 23 wrote:
> Thanks for that excellent suggestion.  It worked perfectly.  I just
> have a few questions.
>
> 1) Any idea when this will be imported in to RELENG_6?

I don't know. If I am right, you will see my driver in freebsd-current some
time after Christmas.

> 2) I have to do this everytime I update my sources, correct?

Yes.

> 3) This is relatively stable, correct?  (I did test it out a bit, but
> of course not thorougly enough to see how stable it is)

Yes, it is stable, but be aware that if your system runs low on memory, you
can get a panic saying, "sleeping with mutex XXX locked", or something alike.
That is because the "umass" device driver is still under the USB emulation
layer of the old USB API, which is depreciated, and will be removed once I
have completed the conversion of all USB device drivers. This will most
likely happen before the end of this month. Then I need some help testing all
the rewritten USB device drivers.