usb/101043: [usbdevs] [patch] Add vendor "Sony Ericsson Mobile Comm. AB" to usbdevs

Florent Thoumie flz at FreeBSD.org
Sun Oct 15 14:26:09 PDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-15 at 18:37 +0200, Christian Gusenbauer wrote:
> Hi Florent!
>
> Sorry for the late response, I was on vacation.
>
> My first intention was to add a quirk for that device to the uftdi driver, but
> that was not the correct way to get the connection to my mobile phone
> running. The second attempt was to add the quirk to the uppc-kmod port, but
> that failed, too. Currently, I need the definition in my own driver's product
> list. So there's no need to add a quirk anymore. That's why I'd like to see
> the definitions appear in the usbdevs file.

What driver are we talking about? Is it already in the source tree?
If not, then I'm not sure adding a product/vendor id without using it is
a common practice. You can use the ids without using any macros.

--
Florent Thoumie
flz at FreeBSD.org