usb to serial

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Fri Nov 10 07:38:29 UTC 2006

On Thursday 09 November 2006 18:29, Maxim Konovalov wrote:
> [ iedowse CC'ed ]
>
> Hello,
>
> On Fri, 5 May 2006, 11:04-0400, David Coder wrote:
> > thx for the suggestions, guys.  with
> >
> >  device uftdi
> >  device uplcom
> >
> > in the kernel config the adapter shows up as
> >
> >  ugen0: ArkMicroChips USB-UART Controller, rev 1.10/0.01, addr 2
> >
> > no specific com port shows up, however, so i must need something else.
>
> Alex Rodin have ported uark(4) driver from OpenBSD.  I made code
> cleanup and intergation in the tree.  You can get&test patches for
> HEAD and RELENG_6 there:
>
> http://maxim.int.ru/stuff/uark.diff
> http://maxim.int.ru/stuff/uark.diff.6
>
> Ian, could you please review the patches?

Hi, do you think that you could also port the serial driver to the new USB
stack, and send me a patch file?

Please see:

http://www.turbocat.net/~hselasky/usb4bsd

Download the SVN version, and type "svn diff" to generate a patch when you are
finished. Look at the other serial drivers in my SVN tree, how the USB/UCOM
stuff is done.