IEEE1284 Device ID string for USB Printers

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu Mar 16 18:12:35 UTC 2006

In message: <107401c6486b$773e9b10$fe02a8c0 at metroid>
            "Naram Qashat" <cyberbotx at cyberbotx.com> writes:
: I was wondering if there were any plans on getting the ieee1284_print_id()
: function in src/sys/dev/usb/ulpt.c to work properly.  I was trying to see
: about getting HPLIP converted to FreeBSD, but it's hpiod program requires an
: ioctl to access the printer andget the IEEE1284 device ID string to identify
: the USB printer.  Without that ioctl, HPLIP can't be ported over.

What would it take to get working properly?

Warner