eagleflash problem on 6.x

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Sun Jun 4 09:58:36 PDT 2006

On Sunday 04 June 2006 17:59, Ian Dowse wrote:

> BTW, when converting existing drivers in your p4 tree it would be
> really helpful to keep unrelated changes to an absolute minimum -
> these kind of diffs don't help anyone figure out what bugs you've
> fixed or what was involved in changing to your new API...
>
> http://perforce.freebsd.org/fileDiffView.cgi?FSPC=%2F%2Fdepot%2Fprojects%2F
>usb%2Fsrc%2Fsys%2Fdev%2Fusb%2Fums.c&ACT=edit&REV=4&REV2=1&Go=Go
>
> http://perforce.freebsd.org/fileDiffView.cgi?FSPC=%2F%2Fdepot%2Fprojects%2F
>usb%2Fsrc%2Fsys%2Fdev%2Fusb%2Fugen.c&ACT=edit&REV=3&REV2=1&Go=Go
>
> Is there any driver there where the diffs show what was involved
> in the conversion, or information about what in general needs to
> be changed to use your API?

Not so much yet, but there is a readme:

http://perforce.freebsd.org/fileViewer.cgi?FSPC=//depot/projects/usb/src/sys/dev/usb/README&REV=1

I will try to not change so much, but it is very difficult. Currently I am
reworking rather than patching, as you can see. So it is better to look at
the new files, than the diffs.

I am currently working on an abstraction layer for creating devices
under /dev/..., that have common functions factored out, so that one does not
have to re-implement read/write/ioctl handling all the time. This is not in
p4 yet. You maybe want to have a look at this when it reaches p4, later today
or tomorrow. The abstraction layer will be put in the file "usb_cdev.c".