eagleflash problem on 6.x

SebastienB sebastien.bourdeauducq at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 12:50:36 PDT 2006

Hello,

When I run eagleflash (from http://damien.bergamini.free.fr/ueagle/) under
FreeBSD 6.x, the firmware seems properly uploaded and the modem disconnects
for USB re-enumeration, but it never comes back. It works correctly with
FreeBSD 5.x.

I think this is a FreeBSD USB bug ; I have reimplemented eagleflash with
libusb and the problem is the same (and my reimplementation worked out of the
box under Linux on the same computer). Do you have a fix or workaround ?

My USB chipset is Intel ICH4.

For those unfamiliar with this modem, the re-enumeration system works as
follow :
- when connected to the host, the modem comes up with generic USB IDs and no
endpoints
- firmware is uploaded and run through control transfers on endpoint 0
- the firmware disconnects the modem from the USB bus
- and reconnects it with new USB IDs and new endpoints (that's what fails :
nothing happens...)
For the USB frontend, the modem uses a EzUSB-like chip.

This message was also posted on
http://damien.bergamini.free.fr/ueagle/forum/read.php?f=4&i=48&t=48.

Regards,

Sebastien