[was USB bluetooth dongles] new if_ural.c

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Wed Jul 26 11:46:20 UTC 2006

On Monday 17 July 2006 21:47, Niki Denev wrote:
> Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
>
> That's great, i'll be happy to help. I have ural(4) hardware and can do
> tests if needed.

I have just finished reworking the "if_ural" driver. It was not an easy task,
but now the work is done. If someone has got time to look at the code and
maybe give some comments, please do. A few small bugs were fixed. No serious
security issues were found.

For those of you interested in testing it out, here are the instructions:

I recommend that you fetch all files from SVN. The SVN port is
at /usr/ports/devel/subversion . After Subversion is installed you run:

svn --username anonsvn --password anonsvn checkout svn://svn.turbocat.net/i4b

cd i4b/trunk/i4b/FreeBSD.usb

make S=../src package
make install

Follow the "make help" instructions.

Before you build the kernel copy the following files into
"/usr/src/sys/dev/usb/":

i4b/trunk/i4b/src/sys/dev/usb/if_ural.c
i4b/trunk/i4b/src/sys/dev/usb/if_uralreg.h
i4b/trunk/i4b/src/sys/dev/usb/if_uralvar.h

NOTE: the kernel build will most likely fail, unless you are using
FreeBSD-7-current. If it fails because there are missing product ID defines,
then just remove these lines from the "ural_devs" structure. If it fails
because "IEEE80211_FEXT_SWBMISS" is not defined, then change the failing code
to something like this:

#ifdef IEEE80211_FEXT_SWBMISS
        /* enable SW bmiss handling in sta mode */
        ic->ic_flags_ext |= IEEE80211_FEXT_SWBMISS;
#endif

Else please report the error, if you cannot resolve it.