mez1000 screen problem

Julian H. Stacey jhs at flat.berklix.net
Fri Jul 7 01:06:11 UTC 2006

"Roelf Warnick" wrote:
> to whom it may concern.

Not us ! ... But anyway ...

> My meazura mez1000 does not want to power up when I use the power on
> button. It looks like the battery and battery charger is fine, but no
> indication on screen of power being turned on. However, when I use the
> backlight button, the backlighting comes on. I'm not sure if the
> contrast is set too high. Will you please help me with any information
> regarding this problem. I should mention that I use this product for
> aircraft elt testing.

Why ask our FreeBSD list ? are you running FreeBSD ?
& why ask on the USB list of FreeBSD ? hardware@  exists.

Some devices like GPS 700 from Tomtom no longer have a real power
on/off switch, just an advisory switch, ignored by CPU if it's
crashed (mine crashed, presumably from a power glitch during placing
GPS in power cradle).  The tomtom 700 has a very small reset hole needing
a very small paper clip - start looking.

Maybe your keyboard controller has some magic key sequence for
reset, failing that dismantle, remove all batteries & external power
to force a reboot.  But there's no reason we should know, you should
be reading docs from manufacturer, asking manuf. or asking a self
help mail list of users of the device - not us.   Good luck.

> Thank you very much.
>
> Renier Venter.
>
> Global Aviation.

Julian Stacey.  Consultant Unix Net & Sys. Eng., Munich.  http://berklix.com
Mail in Ascii, HTML=spam.     Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz.