USB device implementation

Michael S. Eubanks mse_software at charter.net
Mon Jan 16 17:41:33 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-16 at 12:49 +0100, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Mike Eubanks <mse_software at charter.net> wrote:
>
> > I've only breifly looked over the implementation, but I noticed some
> > discrepancies between the HID usage tables in
> > ``/usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usbhid.h'' and the definition found here
> > http://www.usb.org/developers/hidpage/.  The translations used for the
> > USB keycodes to AT keyboard scancodes for a boot keyboard do not seem to
> > coincide with those found in the usage tables def either (found in
> > ``/usr/src/sys/dev/usb/ukbd.d'').
> >
> > Is there anyone currently working on this that has any information on
> > the state of the USB code?
>
> mux@ is working on porting the uhidev part from NetBSD, but that's all he
> does I think.
>
> So feel free to have a look at it and fix errors. Maybe you should compare
> with the NetBSD USB code at
> http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/usb/ first. Merging fixes
> from NetBSD may hit the tree faster than new code (except you're able to get
> the attention of a committer).
>
> Bye,
> Alexander.

Okay.  I will look into it some more.  I need to get better idea of how
the USB driver code works.  It looks like there are only minor
differences between my current driver code and the NetBSD code.  With
respect to any questions and changes I make, should I contact mux@
directly using the email address listed on the contributors page?

-Michael