USB device implementation

Mon Jan 16 03:49:37 PST 2006

Mike Eubanks <mse_software at charter.net> wrote:

> I've only breifly looked over the implementation, but I noticed some
> discrepancies between the HID usage tables in
> ``/usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usbhid.h'' and the definition found here
> http://www.usb.org/developers/hidpage/.  The translations used for the
> USB keycodes to AT keyboard scancodes for a boot keyboard do not seem to
> coincide with those found in the usage tables def either (found in
> ``/usr/src/sys/dev/usb/ukbd.d'').
>
> Is there anyone currently working on this that has any information on
> the state of the USB code?

mux@ is working on porting the uhidev part from NetBSD, but that's all he
does I think.

So feel free to have a look at it and fix errors. Maybe you should compare
with the NetBSD USB code at
http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/usb/ first. Merging fixes
from NetBSD may hit the tree faster than new code (except you're able to get
the attention of a committer).

Bye,
Alexander.

Morton's Law:
	If rats are experimented upon, they will develop cancer.