FreeBSD: libusb with functions for asynchronous URB's receiption ???

FreeBSD Prospect mailings.freebsd at o0l0o.org
Thu Feb 16 09:32:59 PST 2006

Hi!

I am not a programmer, and I am only posting to this mail list, because I need
support for my smartcard-reader (ReinerSCT cyberjack pinpad USB 0x300) in
FreeBSD.

The manufacturer of that device already offers an open souce driver for Linux,
and they are willing to port it to FreeBSD, but they gave feedback, that it
is not possible ATM, because the needed functions for asynchronous USB
Request Blocks (URB's) only exist for the Linux impmentation of libusb by
now.

I do not know, what that means. That's why I sent a request to the
libusb-devel mailing-list, and got this reply: