Nokia CA-42 cable

Gleb Smirnoff glebius at FreeBSD.org
Sun Feb 12 14:46:19 PST 2006

On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 02:14:58PM -0700, M. Warner Losh wrote:
M> : W> That ID is radically different.  uplcom is a good first choice.
M> : W> However, maybe you could try each of the drivers.  I know freebsd
M> : W> makes this a pain, but it is the only way to be sure we don't support
M> : W> it.
M> :
M> : Ok, I will try this. Or may be I should follow Linux source and see
M> : how it distinguishes device type?
M>
M> Maybe.

According to documentation, Linux uses the generic serial USB driver
to handle a unknown device, when IDs are supplied as arguments to
insmod. That is drivers/usb/serial/generic.c in Linux src tree.

How do you think what is the corresponding driver in FreeBSD or NetBSD?

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.
GLEBIUS-RIPN GLEB-RIPE