usb/101752: [panic] 6.1-RELEASE kernel panic on usb device
jes at jes-2.demon.nl
Mon Aug 14 13:30:36 UTC 2006
The following reply was made to PR usb/101752; it has been noted by GNATS.
From: Jim Segrave <jes at jes-2.demon.nl>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, jes at jes-2.demon.nl
Subject: Re: usb/101752: [panic] 6.1-RELEASE kernel panic on usb device insertion
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 15:28:55 +0200
I don't know if this is relevant, but in the Linux kernel (which does
not panic with this device), I found the follwing comments in
/* Casio QV 2x00/3x00/4000/8000 digital still cameras are not conformant
* to the USB storage specification in two ways:
* - They tell us they are using transport protocol CBI. In reality they
* are using transport protocol CB.
* - They don't like the INQUIRY command. So we must handle this command
* of the SCSI layer ourselves.
* - Some cameras with idProduct=0x1001 and bcdDevice=0x1000 have
* bInterfaceProtocol=0x00 (US_PR_CBI) while others have 0x01 (US_PR_CB).
* So don't remove the US_PR_CB override!
* - Cameras with bcdDevice=0x9009 require the US_SC_8070 override.
UNUSUAL_DEV( 0x07cf, 0x1001, 0x1000, 0x9999,
US_SC_8070, US_PR_CB, NULL,
US_FL_NEED_OVERRIDE | US_FL_FIX_INQUIRY ),
Jim Segrave jes at jes-2.demon.nl
More information about the freebsd-usb