usb/95348: USB keyboard unplug causes noise on screen

Jeff Molofee nehe at cruzinternet.com
Wed Apr 12 05:00:36 UTC 2006

The following reply was made to PR usb/95348; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jeff Molofee <nehe at cruzinternet.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org,  walter at pelissero.de
Subject: Re: usb/95348: USB keyboard unplug causes noise on screen
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 22:57:58 -0600

 I experience the exact same problem, but it's triggered whenever I
 enable CUPS or WEBMIN.  I see about 10 to 20 lines of random pixels at
 the top of my screen.  As I move my mouse the colors on each line
 change.  The only solution I have found is to disable cups / webmin :(

 Would love a fix, or to at least know what causes this.

 I am running RELENG_6, Intel Pentium 4 w/ HT on, Nvidia 5900fx, Xorg
 6.8, very current system (kernel, ports).