trying to get my Fujifilm USB drive mounted

Ben Noland ben.noland at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 18:10:06 PDT 2005

I am trying to get my Fujifilm USB drive mounted.

I have the usbd enabled and have umass in the kernel etc, nothing out
of the ordinary. The only thing I have added to the kernel since
install is.
"device atapicam"

uname -r is "7.0-CURRENT"

When I plug the drive in this all I get from dmesg.

umass0: Fujifilm USB Drive, rev 2.00/2.00, addr 2

I've noticed that most people geta few more lines, including the
creation of a new /dev node. I have done a diff on the output of ls
/dev/ before and after putting the drive in and nothing changes.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank You.