kernel panic with pure usb2umass pluged on pure usb1only motherboard port

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Sun Sep 11 07:07:28 PDT 2005

On Sunday 11 September 2005 15:47, Mathieu PREVOT wrote:
> Hello Hans,
>
> I used your code new_ihfc_1_5_5 for the kernel compilation. I obtained
> several times a kernel panic.
> I have a fatal trap 12 (6 times, in the order):

Could you have:

sysctl hw.usb.debug=15

Then get USB debugging errors into the picture. Maybe it is a little difficult
to write all of that down, but maybe you can post what is shown when you
attach your device.

Have you used "cvsup" before building the kernel sources ?

After you plug the device:

sysctl -a |grep usb

What does it show ?