USB modems (analog)

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Fri Sep 9 13:49:10 PDT 2005

Anyone know of where I can find some small analog USB modems that
work with FreeBSD ?  Most on the market are of the Connexant/Winmodem
variety which of course do not work.  Someone mentioned and "ELSA
MicroLink 56k USB modem". Does anyone know where I could source one
of these in North America ?  Ideally something that draws its power
from the USB port and does not require an extra power blob.

         ---Mike

Mike Tancsa,                                      tel +1 519 651 3400
Sentex Communications,                            mike at sentex.net
Providing Internet since 1994                    www.sentex.net
Cambridge, Ontario Canada                         www.sentex.net/mike