Low umass performance with USB 2.0 ports

Eygene A. Ryabinkin freebsd at rea.mbslab.kiae.ru
Thu Sep 1 12:08:33 GMT 2005

>  Yes, it also works and does even better work: FAT 32 and FAT 16 permormance
> are just the same and there is no additional load as been with the Scott's
> patch.
>  So I definitely would vote for this fix.
 Oops, it seems that this patch also does not work as expected: after some time
of playing with flash card and working with the system it started to stall
as unpatched system, but it freezes the system -- even IP stack was frozen (I
am using DEVICE_POLLING), so I were to remove the flash from the port -- system
was unfrozen and continued to work. So something is still bad with the USB.
 I'll try to do some long testing with USB 1.1 -- maybe it will show the same
behaviour after some more time.
--
 rea