usb/87519: cannot install on USB-only system

Bruce Walker bmw at borderware.com
Sun Oct 16 09:30:28 PDT 2005

The following reply was made to PR usb/87519; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bruce Walker <bmw at borderware.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, bmw at borderware.com
Subject: Re: usb/87519: cannot install on USB-only system
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 12:24:45 -0400

 --------------000104090702090709060605

 I have verified that a generic PS/2 keyboard (an IBM) connected through
 a PS/2-USB dongle does not work either.

 None of the boot steps see the USB keyboard; not boot0 or boot2.

 Once I have the usbd daemon in place (using the alternative install
 process [shifting the HDD]), then the keyboards are useful and the
 system is useable, after it is fully booted.

 --------------000104090702090709060605

 <head>
 </head>
 IBM) connected through a PS/2-USB dongle does not work either.<br>
 None of the boot steps see the USB keyboard; not boot0 or boot2. <br>
 Once I have the usbd daemon in place (using the alternative install
 process [shifting the HDD]), then the keyboards are useful and the
 system is useable, after it is fully booted.<br>