usb/85972: Movement of USB mouse in CLI causes freeze

Sam Lawrance boris at brooknet.com.au
Tue Oct 11 07:50:30 PDT 2005

The following reply was made to PR usb/85972; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Sam Lawrance <boris at brooknet.com.au>
To: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: usb/85972: Movement of USB mouse in CLI causes freeze
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 00:45:49 +1000

 I can confirm this problem, just posted this to -current:

 From: Sam Lawrance <boris at brooknet.com.au>
 To: freebsd-current at freebsd.org
 Subject: more usb keyboard (and mouse) troubles with 6.X
 Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 23:46:14 +1000

 FreeBSD dirk.no.domain 6.0-RC1 FreeBSD 6.0-RC1 #0: Tue Oct 11 15:51:46
 EST 2005     sam at dirk.no.domain:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/GENERIC  i386

 This one is interesting.

 I have two USB keyboard/mouse combination devices here:

 - An IBM (0x04b3) IBM Standard USB Keyboard (0x3001).
   Mouse has 2 buttons + Z-dir.
 - And a Belkin wireless which shows up as something generic
   (vendor 0x05fe device 0x1010). Mouse has 5 buttons + Z-dir.

 The IBM setup works fine.  No troubles in console or X, both kbd and
 mouse work as expected.

 The Belkin setup works OK initially.  But as soon as I move the mouse,
 all keyboard and mouse input is locked up.  The system is not frozen -
 if I reboot, run top and repeat, it continues to run and shows
 nothing ominous. The result is the same in console or X.