usb/81621: external hd hangs under load on ehci

Michael Schout mschout at gkg.net
Mon Oct 10 08:20:22 PDT 2005

The following reply was made to PR usb/81621; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Michael Schout <mschout at gkg.net>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, gerrit at pmp.uni-hannover.de
Subject: Re: usb/81621: external hd hangs under load on ehci
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:11:52 -0500

 I have a VIA chipset as well, and the patch in the link above (posted by
 Rojer, that adds the EHCI_SCFLG_LOSTINTRBUG workaround), fixes all of
 the problems with my chipset.  Without this patch, my system will hang
 and/or panic every single time a USB 2.0 device is used for more than a
 few seconds.  I've been using the patch for 2 weeeks now with no
 problems at all and ehci/USB 2.0 devices work perfectly now.

 My controller is a VIA VT6202.

 Regards,
 Michael Schout