usbd_bulk_transfer returns 1 (USBD_IN_PROGRESS) ?!

Seb sebastien.b at swissinfo.org
Wed May 25 19:37:18 GMT 2005

Hello,
The function usbd_bulk_transfer() returns sometimes USBD_IN_PROGRESS at random
when I try to send data to my wireless device (Siemens Gigaset USB Adapter
54 ; the USB data is processed by the NET2280 chipset). AFAIK, this function
is never supposed to return USBD_IN_PROGRESS... is it ?
Then, when I unplug the device or try to reboot, sometimes the machine
completely locks up without any error message (Giant mutex never released in
the USB driver ?)
Can this be because of a bug in my driver (available at
http://lekernel.host.lya-network.biz), a hardware problem (I tried with and
without EHCI on an Intel 82845GV integrated chipset, same bug) or a bug in
the USB driver ?
Thanks,
Sebastien