usb/80685: panic in usb_cold_explore() at begining

Richard S. Conto rsc at merit.edu
Mon May 16 07:50:14 PDT 2005

The following reply was made to PR usb/80685; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Richard S. Conto" <rsc at merit.edu>
To: jwm at CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, rsc at merit.edu, rsc at merit.edu
Subject: Re: usb/80685: panic in usb_cold_explore() at begining
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 10:44:17 -0400

 I did a little exploring of this shortly after I opened this
 trouble report. I modified the KASSERT() to print the value of
 "cold", and it was "0" for me.  That didn't seem very helpful,
 and more trouble shooting was needed.  However, as I thought it
 was a timing related bug at the time, I didn't try to make time
 to trace the problem further.  A brief inspection of the code
 suggests a possible path whereby "usb_coldexplist" is empty when
 "usb_cold_explore()" is run, but I haven't tried to debug that.
 This machine is so old, cranky, and (temporarily) critical to me
 that I just haven't had the energy to follow this through.

 I'm tempted to throw some cheapo USB device on the interface card
 so I don't have to open the case and remove the card.

 --
     Richard Conto