uplcom / ucom problems on RELENG_5

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Wed Mar 30 13:04:21 PST 2005

At 10:37 AM 30/03/2005, Mike Tancsa wrote:
>At 09:54 AM 30/03/2005, Mike Tancsa wrote:
>
>>>So far I only know about reconnecting, which likely isn't an
>>>acceptable workaround for you.
>>
>>Thanks, you mean reconnecting the USB device ?  Sadly no, that wont work
>>for us when the unit is 80km away :(  Or is there a way to do this
>>programtically?
>
>I wonder if "set choked" in ppp might be tuned a bit to avoid this
>issue.  Time to experiment a bit.

So far so good.  If I change add "set choked 10", I am not able to hang the
usb port like I was before.

The value is quite a change from the default 120 seconds, but still 10
seconds to transmit (for my application anyways which is a modem backup if
the DSL fails) is adequate.  I am going to let it run 48hrs to see if it
still stable.  On one device, I am running just continuous pings, and I am
kicking off the connection every 10 min from the terminal server.  On
another machine, I am running it with random bursts of data and kicking it
off every 5min.

         ---Mike