uplcom / ucom problems on RELENG_5

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Wed Mar 30 04:22:41 PST 2005

At 05:41 AM 30/03/2005, Bernd Walter wrote:
> > putc to a clist with no reserved cblocks
> > putc to a clist with no reserved cblocks
> > putc to a clist with no reserved cblocks
> > putc to a clist with no reserved cblocks
> > putc to a clist with no reserved cblocks
> > putc to a clist with no reserved cblocks
> > putc to a clist with no reserved cblocks
> >
> > fill up the console.  At this point, ppp is totally hung, and I cannot
> kill
> > ppp
>
>You need a way to notice a connection failure.
>In case of modem or line failure you should see DCD loss.
>Does your cabling release DCD, or do you use LQR in your configuration?
>Have you compared the same configuration with a classical 16550 based
>serial?

Hi,
         PPP does see the loss, the problem is that its totally wedged and
cant do anything else.  In the case where there is not too much data going
across the serial line, the connection dropping has no adverse effect.  I
have LCP keep alives enbled and it does detect the link going away and does
properly redial.  However, it seems where there is too much outstanding
data things get into trouble.

Like I said, at this point I cant even kill -9 ppp.

What more information can I provide to help track this problem down ?

         ---Mike