Ezload problems.

Bernd Walter ticso at cicely12.cicely.de
Wed Mar 30 03:05:06 PST 2005

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 02:52:56PM +0400, Alexandre Jouravlev wrote:

> On Mar 30, 2005, at 2:44 PM, Bernd Walter wrote:
> >>But when I plug the device into the FreeBSD machine and download
> >>firmware with ezdownload utility something strange occurred: the
> >>firmware written correctly, but new device doesn't appears on usb bus.
> >
> >Do you see a disconnect from the device?
> Yes, I do. The device disconnects from usb and usb stack is know about
> this. (ugen0: detached.)
>
> >>What magic has take place during boot,
> >>which helps USB stack to find my device?
> >
> >I don't know, but I could imagine that the host controller isn't
> >completely deconfigured on module unload.
> >

> Ok, but why does the new device didn't appear in a regular way?

A valid question.
I do firmware updates with self build USB hardware.
Switching between firmware loader and operating firmware works fine.
However - there are some critical points.
E.g. you switch firmware by issuing an USB request and if the
device disconnects bevor the request is completed things may hang
until timeout or even forever.
You say that you see the disconnect.
In which lock state (ps -axl) are the usb* and ezload processes
after the disconnect message?
Is there any change if you wait a minute?

bernd at bwct.de                                  info at bwct.de