usbd_setup_pipe failed to start

Don Lawrence ddlawrence at excite.com
Thu Mar 24 11:21:37 PST 2005

Hi the previous problem 78984 got the same error as me
when I plug in my MP3 player (a cheap Samsung).
H Selaskey said the problem was with clearing the stall
condition and gave a code fix.
Which I did.
Now my problem is installing the recompiled usbd daemon.
It compiled per given instructions without complaint:
from /sys/modules/usb:

make

then

make install

after rebooting the problem persists and I noticed that
the file /usr/sbin/usbd has not been changed from the
original date.

I sure I am missing some step, but this is new to me.
Someone please help.

thanks.....don
..