HP optical mouse not working..

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Sat Mar 19 14:38:04 PST 2005

On Saturday 19 March 2005 21:44, Sivaprasad Mahamkali wrote:
> Hi,
>      I use  FreeBSD 5.4-PRERELEASE on my desktop. I have everything
> working fine except my HP USB optical mouse. I've tried compiling
> different versions(5.3 release, present version ) but no use. I've
> enabled usbd and moused and here's my xorg.conf section for my mouse:
> ---------------
> Section "InputDevice"
> Identifier "Mouse0"
> Driver "mouse"
> Option "Protocol" "auto"
> Option "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
> Option "Buttons" "5"
> Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
> EndSection
> ----------------
> and rc.conf section
> ===============
> moused_enable="YES"
> sshd_enable="YES"
> usbd_enable="YES"
> moused_flags="-z4"
> moused_port="/dev/psm0"
> moused_type="auto"
> --------------
> can anyone help me figure out what's wrong and how to make use of my
> optical mouse.
>
> thanks in advance,

What does the system (dmsg) say when you plug your USB mouse?

If something like:

ums0: 3 buttons and Z dir.

the mouse should work right away. If nothing is displayed, make sure you have
got USB loaded either into your kernel or like a module. _before_ plugging
the USB mouse try:

kldload usb
kldload ums

Yours