ugen & uhci hang on 5.3-RELEASE and 6.0-CURRENT

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Wed Mar 16 06:03:48 PST 2005

On Wednesday 16 March 2005 01:32, Adam Kropelin wrote:

> kernel: usbd_start_next: pipe=0xc1a83c00, xfer=0
> kernel: usb_transfer_complete: pipe=0xc1f6cb80 xfer=0xc1a9d400 status=0
> actlen=5
> kernel: usb_transfer_complete: repeat=1 new head=0xc1a9d400
> kernel: usb0: host controller process error
> kernel: usb0: host controller halted

According to your logs, the USB driver stops after a device interrupt
transfer. This might be an indication that the QH's must be dequeued from the
schedule before they are updated.

Could you have tried my USB driver and see if the problem goes away?

Download the three files below into a new directory and type
"make install"  (to uninstall type "make deinstall")
http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/usb/Makefile
http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/usb/new_usb_1_5_4.diff.bz2
http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/usb/new_usb_1_5_4.tar.bz2

Yours